Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Trying to post more often - really!!

As I was driving to the grocery store today the song You're Gonna Miss This came on the radio. It made me tear up. For those who aren't familar it is a country song in which a daughter keeps wishing to get to the next stage in her life and the parent keeps telling her that she is going to miss this, she's gonna want this back, these times go by so fast. It was the part where her kids were young and one was crying and one was screaming and it made me think how quickly Noah is going to grow up. I am well aware of how quickly he is growing and how fast the time is going by. And I often stop and think these truly are the best days of my life. I can not complain at all about the life I am living.

Over the years, I have had many dreams for myself. I wanted to be an actress, a teacher, a book writer, a sanitary engineer (trashman) and to create world peace... ok well maybe not world peace. But, the one dream that has never changed has been to be married to someone I love, have kids and be a stay at home mom. And that is the only dream that I have achieved (so far).


Being a stay at home mom has been wonderful! I often stop and think these are the best days of my life. As the song I mentioned above says we will look back and miss these days and therefore I try my best to savor every moment. I was carrying Noah yesterday, because he was tired of walking and for a moment I was thinking how I was tired and didn't want to carry him, but then I quickly came to realize these moments of holding my baby boy in my arms will not last long and I kissed him, held him a little tighter and tried my best to capture this moment in my memory to remember forever.


When Noah was a baby all I wanted was for him to be older. I did not enjoy nursing and felt so tied down by it that I just wanted him to be 1 and graduate to real food and regular milk. And now that we are approaching 2 all I want is to freeze him. I can not get enough of his laugh which he breaks out in a moments notice at seemingly nothing. I can not get enough of the pure joy in his eyes over the smallest things - seeing an airplane, a squirrel, a bird, or one of his friends. And even when it can sometimes be annoying (like when I am trying to eat or use the bathroom) I love that he wants to be with me all the time. I know that every stage in life will have its joys, but I'm going to miss this.

1 comment:

  1. Great story. Great photo. Just what I needed on this very "trying" day.

    ReplyDelete